Gord Bamford’s Country Christmas concert tour is coming to 12 Alberta schools, kicking off at the Morinville Community Cultural Centre on Friday, November 25, 2011.
Each school’s choir/musical group from the selected tour locations will perform as Bamford’s opening musical act.
“Last year was the first time we played our Christmas concert tour at select schools in rural Alberta. It was very well received and based on that experience, we wanted to expand the tour and make it bigger and better. We believe in the arts and in supporting music programs in rural schools across Alberta,” says Bamford.
Before each concert, the schools’ musical group will have a chance to meet the 2010 Canadian Country Music Male Artist of The Year. The participating children will receive free admission for taking part in the concert. After they sing their Christmas carols, Bamford will perform an hour-long Christmas concert with his full five-piece band.
“The prospect of having Gord Bamford perform at our school with students has raised a real positive buzz in this community. I believe it will be the social highlight of the year. I am receiving calls from people living across the province anticipating coming to Warburg for the first time to attend this upcoming concert. We are looking forward to being good hosts to Gord and showing off our talented youth to guests coming to take in this concert,” says Warburg school principal Howard Rasmusson.
The confirmed locations for Gord Bamford’s Country Christmas concert tour are:
- Morinville, Alberta: Friday, November 25
- Lethbridge, Alberta: Wednesday, November 30 (ATB)
- Crossfield, Alberta: Friday, December 2 (ATB)
- Cochrane, Alberta: Saturday, December 3 (ATB)
- Drayton Valley, Alberta: Sunday, December 4 – (Drayton Valley Ford)
- Warburg, Alberta: Tuesday, December 6 (Daylight Energy)
- Wetaskiwin, Alberta: Wednesday, December 7 (ATB)
- Whitecourt, Alberta: Thursday, December 8 (ATB)
- Beaverlodge, Alberta: Friday, December 9 (ATB)
- Coronation, Alberta: Monday, December 12 (ATB)
- Pincher Creek, Alberta: Wednesday, December 14 (ATB)
- Hussar, Alberta: Friday, December 16
Tickets officially go on sale on Tuesday, November 1, 2011 and are priced at $35, with free tickets available for children six and under. They are available for purchase at each school named above, at www.gordbamford.com and at the following ATB Financial locations across Alberta: Beaverlodge, Cochrane, Coronation, Crossfield, Lethbridge, Wetaskiwin, Whitecourt and Pincher Creek.