AWARD-WINNING COUNTRY MUSIC ENTERTAINER GORD BAMFORD TO HEADLINE THE DRIVE IN FOR MENTAL HEALTH CONCERT SERIES PRESENTED BY ATB
A Series Of Exciting Live Shows Bringing Excitement To Albertan’s This Summer In Support Of Local Mental Health Charities Across Alberta
Wednesday, June 24, 2020 — FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
EDMONTON, AB (June 24, 2020) – Multiple CCMA and CMA award-winning entertainer Gord Bamford is pleased to announce The Drive In for Mental Health– a multi-city drive-in concert series presented by ATB Financial kicking off July 1 at Westerner Park in Red Deer. Proceeds from the concert series will go to support mental health charities across Alberta (see current list of mental health charities below).
As summer begins and the province continues to reopen, the unique social distancing drive-in series is a welcome surprise for Alberta’s country music fans who have been in isolation and social distancing since mid-March.
“ATB is proud to make these concerts possible,” said Curtis Stange, president and CEO of ATB Financial. “Not only will they bring together communities across Alberta to enjoy great music safely but all the proceeds will go to help local mental health groups that are helping to keep us well during this difficult time. This is one way ATB is giving back to our community as we get through this together.”
“In these uncertain times, I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am to be hitting the stage in a very unique way,” shared Gord Bamford. “Special thanks to my friends at ATB Financial for bringing this opportunity to us in support of mental health, which in times like these is extremely important for all of us. We are going to deliver a full concert experience straight from the stage to the seat of your car, so roll down your windows and let’s raise some money for a great cause. Music is a very healing part of our lives and well-being, and I know that my band and crew can’t wait to unite as a family once again. Make sure you grab your tickets as there are limited numbers available and we will see ya at the drive-in.”
Organizers are working within the parameters set by Alberta Health Services and Health Canada to ensure all safety measures and health protocols are met and are taking every precaution for the safety of all concert-goers, performers and staff.
Pre-sale codes for the dates below are available today – Wednesday, June 24, beginning at 7:10 am MT via local country radio stations in Red Deer, Lethbridge and Calgary. Once you have the pre-sale code you can purchase tickets at www.gordbamford.com. The public on sale begins Friday, June 26 at 10 am MT at www.gordbamford.com. Ticket prices are $65 per vehicle (4 passengers maximum), plus applicable fees and taxes. A limited number of VIP tickets for the first 100 cars will be available for $110 per vehicle (4 passengers maximum), plus applicable fees and taxes. These cars will be sectioned at the front of the venue.
THE DRIVE-IN FOR MENTAL HEALTH DATES:
*Additional dates will be announced shortly.
July 1 Westerner Park, Red Deer
July 11 Exhibition Park, Lethbridge
July 18 Grey Eagle Casino, Calgary
IN SUPPORT OF THE FOLLOWING MENTAL HEALTH CHARITIES:
CANADIAN MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION CALGARY
As the nationwide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
BREAKING FREE FOUNDATION
Providing survivors of traumatic life events with the treatment and support needed to reclaim their lives.
CENTRAL ALBERTA CHILD ADVOCACY CENTRE
The Central Alberta Child Advocacy Centre is a not for profit organization rooted in the protection and recovery of today’s most innocent and vulnerable – our children.
Working for children’s mental health since 1914.
LETHBRIDGE FAMILY SERVICES
A highly-accredited, charitable human services organization that improves the well-being and quality of life for individuals and families in Southwestern Alberta.
GUESTS MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Each vehicle may include a maximum of 4 people. People sharing a vehicle should be from the same household or cohort. Windows can be rolled down and convertibles can have rooftops open. No crowd participation permitted. People are asked to remain in their vehicles for the entire concert. People hanging outside of their windows or sunroofs will be instructed to stay inside their vehicles by security and MC’s or they will be instructed to leave.
- No food or beverage sales will be available onsite. No giveaways or handouts onsite. Guests may bring their own food and non-alcoholic beverages to consume within their vehicle. Guests will be asked to take all their garbage with them when they leave the event.
- No washrooms will be available on site – the show is designed to be short enough for most guest’s comfort.
- Assigned parking spots will be clearly marked and distanced 2 metres Drivers will be directed by a parking attendant/marshall upon arrival. Once parked, guests will be asked to turn off the ignition and avoid idling.
- Smoking anything including; cigarettes, e-cigarettes and cannabis, vaping, illegal substances and consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- After the show, the event emcee will give verbal instructions to the attendees regarding exit/egress procedures. Venue staff will direct vehicles that are exiting to ensure order. Attendees may leave the concert anytime during the show however re-entry will not be permitted.
- In the event of an emergency, concert-goers are asked to follow all instructions displayed on the large video screens which will include a phone number to call.
Anyone who is in violation of any parameters/rules outlined above will be asked to leave by security.
Additional assets for The Drive-In For Mental Health event are available HERE.
For more information and event health and safety guidelines, please visit gordbamford.com.
ABOUT GORD BAMFORD: Australian-born and Alberta-raised, Gord Bamford stands as one of the most decorated artists in Canadian country music. He has received 26 Canadian Country Music Association awards including Album of the Year, Single of the Year and Male Artist of the Year wins, and multiple JUNO Award nominations. With over 75 million streams globally, Bamford is a two-time winner of the CMA Global Country Artist Award, with 25 Top 10 singles in Canada including the No. 1 hits “When Your Lips Are So Close” and “Dive Bar.” Bamford is the 2019-2020 recipient of the MusiCounts Inspired Minds Ambassador Award, presented by The Canadian Scholarship Trust Foundation. The award recognizes individuals who have had an extraordinary impact on music education and MusiCounts over the course of its history. Since 2014, Gord Bamford and the Gord Bamford Foundation have raised over $4M. In February (2020), Bamford received the 4H Canada Distinguished Alumni Award for his Charitable contributions. To date, Bamford has donated $200,000 to MusiCounts to support school music programs, the largest donation ever received from an artist in MusiCounts’ history. These donations provide instruments to children across Canada and give generations of students the opportunity to enjoy the incredible benefits of music in school. On June 19, Bamford will release his newest single, “Father’s Prayer” and will follow with his highly anticipated ninth studio album later this year.
FOLLOW GORD BAMFORD
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
MEDIA CONTACTS FOR GORD BAMFORD:
Charlotte Thompson, Red Umbrella P.R.
Shelby Burnell, Red Umbrella P.R.
MEDIA CONTACTS FOR ATB:
ATB Financial, Media Relations